Open enrollment is ongoing!
NEW Virtual Classes (Rotation is every 6 weeks.)
NEW Beaver County In-person Classes (Rotation is every 6 weeks.)
Schedule enrollment at 724.728.2110 ext. 1251, or walk-in on Thursdays and Fridays between 8:30 am-4:30 pm.
(Beaver County Head Start classroom in the Beaver Valley Mall)
Join us for the ‘Grand Opening’ of the DADS MATTER Program in Beaver County, Pennsylvania.
The DADS MATTER Program works to support fathers and father figures in resolving barriers that impact their ability to be actively engaged in their children’s lives.
Learn more below . . .
This is a voluntary program for dads who are wanting to build their relationships with their children and others. They may be looking for employment or want to better their employment skills through training.
Dad (or father figure) must live in Beaver County, be 18 or older,
and have a child under the age of 24 with whom he has contact.
Curricula: The dads complete course work (in-person or virtual for 24 hours) from “Nurturing Fathers” or “On my Shoulders”. This takes approximately 6-8 weeks. The dads receive a stipend for attending class, and a stipend for attending workforce training, which runs back/back virtually. There are additional incentives for completing the program, referring a buddy and/or bringing a buddy.
(Can be completed in-person or virtually)
- Diversity in the Workplace
- Ergonomics in the Workplace (AKJ Consulting)
- Improving Personal and Job Skills through Positive Behavioral Change (Behavior and Learning Support)
- Logistics (AKJ Consulting)
- Manufacturing Employee Skills Training (Metals Intelligence, LLC)
- OSHA 10 (Douglas Education Center)
- PPE and COVID Requirements in the Workplace (Metals Intelligence, LLC)
- SBIRT (Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment) Behavior and Learning Support
- Sexual Harassment in the Workplace (Metals Intelligence, LLC)
(Can only be completed in-person.)
- Pre-CDL (Douglas Education Center)
- CDL-A Training (Douglas Education Center)
- Tanker Endorsement and Hazmat Endorsement (Douglas Education Center)
- Forklift Training (Douglas Education Center)
- Heavy Equipment Training (Douglas Education Center)
- Individual Behavioral Counseling Services (Behavior and Learning Support)
- Driver’s Education (ETI)
** CDL-A package not available in Beaver County at this time.