What is a System of Care?
A system of care is a collaborative community based method of addressing behavioral health needs. Services and supports are also designed to be:
- Culturally and Linguistically Competent (CLC)
- Data Driven
- Family Focused
- Peer Centered
- Recovery and Resiliency Based
- Trauma Informed
What makes a service culturally and linguistically competent?
Cultural and linguistic competence is a set of congruent behaviors, attitudes and policies that come together in a system, agency or among health professionals that enables work in cross-cultural situations.
‘Culture’ refers to integrated patterns of human behavior that include the language, thoughts, communications, actions, customs, beliefs, values, and institutions of racial, ethnic, religious, or social groups.
‘Competence’ implies having the capacity to function effectively as an individual and an organization within the context of the cultural beliefs, behaviors, and needs presented by consumers and their communities”.
What is a change agent?
Change Agents are leaders in the SOC quality improvement process. Change agents are staff, family members, and peers. They can be found at any place within an organization.
The role of the Change Agents in their programs is two-fold:
- to provide training and direction in order to establish and enhance the ability of program staff to deal with complexity
- to provide program consultation to facilitate development and implementation of quality improvement action planning
What is the Consensus Document?
- An agreement that outlines each entities’ commitment to the SOC
- A summary of the Steering Committee’s next steps
- An example of the SOC’s horizontal partnership
What is an Affiliation Agreement?
- A document that describes the structure for each committee in the SOC. It includes items such as:
- Meeting dates
- Leadership structure
- An example of the SOC’s vertical partnership
What is CCISC?
CCISC stands for comprehensive continuous integrated systems of care and is framework for system change developed by Dr. Ken Minkoff to address the complex needs of individuals involved in the behavioral health system.
What is CSP?
CSP stands for Community Support Program and refers to mental health and substance abuse rehabilitation services and supports necessary to assist the individual in achieving and maintaining the highest degree of independent functioning. In Beaver County……..
Who is a stakeholder?
Any person with an interest or concern in the SOC.