Vaccine options, Booster shots, Possible side effects, When fully vaccinated, Myths & Facts, FAQs, and more …
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic, Quick Links, advice for the public, and other health concerns …
See the Beaver County COVID-19 Database in Real Time
The Beaver County Regional Council of Government provides this webpage, containing information, maps, and resources from various sources such as John Hopkins University, PA Department of Health, and the Center for Disease Control. These data sources are brought together in real-time, providing the most currently available information, and summarized to highlight the coronavirus response in our local area.”
Track the U.S. COVID-19 Outbreak in Real Time
Drawing on data from the CDC, World Health Organization, and other sources, architecture for this tracker was developed by the Johns Hopkins Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE)
The Diabetes Education Toolkit
For people with mental health conditions + diabetes/pre-diabetes
Who can use this online resource?
- This online toolkit is for people who have a mental health condition, their medical and behavioral health care providers, supporters, and other caregivers.
- If you’re a peer or non-peer behavioral health care provider new to diabetes, this will give you the knowledge you need to educate the people you serve.
- If you have diabetes, you can use the toolkit to learn how to better manage your health and mental health.
- If you’re a primary care provider, you can use materials from the toolkit to better educate your patients and become more knowledgeable about the intersection of mental health and diabetes.
Drugs of Abuse
A DEA Resource Guide, 2020 edition
This comprehensive product contains a host of information useful to various disciplines within the public and private sectors, such as:
- Overview of the federal Controlled Substances Act, including details on the drug scheduling process, definitions of each federal drug schedule, and regulations to enable a closed system of distribution for controlled substances
- Lists of controlled substances by drug schedule
- Descriptions of classes of controlled substances, such as narcotics, stimulants, depressants, steroids, cannabis, inhalants, designer drugs, and synthetic opioids, among others; along with in-depth descriptions of the most significant sub-classes and drugs of abuse under each class
- Information on federal prevention programs and other anti-drug organizations
This resource can be widely shared among counterparts with a vested interest.
Central Outreach Wellness Center
Beaver County Location
Central Outreach Wellness Center is the largest medical center in Western PA that specializes in culturally competent care for the LGBT community. Its mission is to promote wellness by focusing on a patient’s whole self in a judgment-free environment.
Central Outreach Wellness Center
2360 Hospital Drive, Upper Ste. 1
Aliquippa, PA 15001
“Inclusive healthcare with dignity and respect”
HOLISTIC. MULTICULTURAL. RECOVERY. MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES. TRANSGENDER HEALTHCARE. HIV/AIDS PRIMARY CARE. HEPATITIS C TREATMENT. STI TESTING/TREATMENT. CASE MANAGEMENT SERVICES. SUBSTANCE ABUSE REFERRALS. PERSONALIZED PHARMACY SERVICES & DISCOUNTS. HOUSING RESOURCES & REFERRALS. MOBILE HIV/STI TESTING. NO INSURANCE, NO PROBLEM.
What You Need to Know About Quitting Smoking
Resources for Cessation Support
NAMI: Smoking and Mental Illness
“About 18 million people with mental illness currently use tobacco products, and adults with mental illness use cigarettes at higher rates than those without a mental illness.”
Cessation Classes and Free Educational Materials
Keystone Wellness Programs (KWP) is contracted to provide both virtual and in-person support to those who are ready to quit. KWP can also provide brochures, pamphlets, etc. containing valuable nicotine education to the community.
Beacon Health Options
For Members: Tobacco Cessation
( For Providers: https://pa.beaconhealthoptions.com/providers/tobacco-cessation/ )
The PA Free Quitline (1-800-QUIT-NOW) is a telephone-based tobacco cessation counseling service offering free coaching … with no judgment. There are special programs for pregnant and postpartum women, youth tobacco and vaping cessation programs, and a specially designed protocol specifically for the Native American population.
Free training for professionals on how to refer their clients or patients to the PA Free Quitline for counseling, free nicotine replacement therapy, and motivational support to quit nicotine
My Life My Quit
A free and confidential service for young adults who want help quitting all forms of tobacco including vaping.
Managing Nicotine Withdrawal
Nicotine withdrawal is different for every smoker. Every smoker feels different during withdrawal. Learn how to manage your symptoms and cravings.
Take Good Care of Your Teeth & Gums!
From more research on these diseases, we see that chronic gum disease can have a disastrous effect on the body.
The mouth is the gateway to the rest of the body. It is impossible to have a healthy body with an unhealthy mouth.
Bacteria from gum disease can spread throughout the body, potentially worsening major health problems. To keep your whole body healthy, see your dentist regularly and take great care of your teeth at home.
Gum Disease and Overall Health
A chronically unhealthy mouth affects the rest of the body.
Many people assume that what happens in the mouth doesn’t affect your overall health. This may be due to the separation between dentistry and traditional medicine.
We currently continue to learn more about the role of chronic inflammation in diseases like:
- Heart disease
Did you know that there is a possible link between Alzheimer’s Disease and Gum Disease?
Learn more: Alzheimer’s and Gum Disease
Also from NewMouth.com, Oral Care Tips for Dementia Caregivers explains how dementia affects oral health and the importance of a caregivers’ responsibility to mind the patient’s oral health, mental health, and personal hygiene.
Learn more about Common Dental Conditions and Treatments at NewMouth.com